Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let's Do The Conga!...

Gloria Estefan and Pharrell

Cuban-American superstar Glora Estefan will release her first English-language album since 2004’s "Unwrapped" later this year! Pharrell will serve as co-writer and co-producer for the entire project.

"I can't tell u how much I've enjoyed working with him. It's truly been a magical experience and a wonderfully natural process" Gloria said. She also mentioned that the album is more or less finished. She added that the album was "mostly English but bilingual in interesting ways".

Estefan’s 11th studio LP has been described  as “high energy” and “dance oriented,” akin to the sound of her fabulous 1998 release "gloria!". It will be one of the biggest releases of the year for me, for sure!

3 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Oh please make it Gloria! Part 2!...(Gloria!) is one of my all time fave albums. I cannot wait. :)

Jon said...

Judging by Pharrell's past record, I wouldn't bank my hopes on it! Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I really hope it will be simular to "gloria!" - I love, love, LOVE that album!

I did like what Pharell did with Madonna (since that album was going into the urban/r&b direction anyways), but I want Gloria to do dance/disco. "gloria!" was a wonderful blend of disco, salsa, dance and urban, and that is what I hope for again this time around...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...