Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not Over Her Yet!...



I have been completely obsessed with Diana Ross this year. In fact, I have been hunting for all her albums, singles, books, DVD's  - you name it, and let me tell you: it is a massive undertaking, to say the least (especially with so much being out of print).



I have already posted a blog on her albums - see here - but now it is time to take a look at her singles discography. Here is a large part of the singles she has released since she started here solo career back in 1970 (excluding remix singles and promos).























[dianaross12.jpg]



Diana Ross,Shockwaves,UK,Deleted,12











And finally, I thought I would post one of my Diana favorites. When it came out back in 1991 I fell completely in love with it, and as the years go on I just seem to love it more and more. It was a huge hit for her, especially in the UK where it reached number 2. Here is a stunning live performance from 1999 - as much as I love her vocals on the record, this is to die for...

4 comments:

Jon said...

I do have a soft spot for Di, but I have to admit her mega-ballads do start to grate... Jx

Jon said...

Surprisingly, given the fact that she owes so much of her solo succcess to songs he wrote such as "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "Reach Out And Touch", she didn't turn out for Nick Ashford's funeral. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

She prefers to grief in private (which I understand very well). She didnt show at up Michael Jacksons funeral either.

Jon said...

Bless her... Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...