Saturday, March 26, 2011

SOTD...



Duran Duran are releasing their new album "All You Need Is Now" this week - 30 years after their debut album came out. They have been doing loads of TV promo, including an ITV special, various TV performances in the US and an internet gig directed by David Lynch! The album is set to be on course for a UK Top 20 debut, and their "Greatest" album is set to return to the UK top 40 as well.

File:Duranduran all-you-need-is-now.png

All this of course means that I am in full on DD mode these days, and so the song of the day is a song by my favourite childhood group.

File:Duranduran allshewantsis.jpg

"All She Wants Is" may not be the most obvious choice perhaps - but I have always loved the singles from the 1988 "Big Thing" album. By that time, the band had lost two members and were struggling to find their place in a musical landscape that seemed to change almost overnight in the mid 80´s.

This was the biggest of the three singles released from the album in the UK, charting at number 9 (and number 22 in the US). It was the second single released from the album, following "I Dont Want Your Love" (UK #14, US#4).

Before the song though: to celebrate the release of the new album, here is a look at the records that came before. Some are fantastic, some are good, and some are not so good - but I have every single one of them in my collection.







3 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

they were on the "ellen" show yesterday...I dvr'd, looking forward to watch, I wish I could link my dvr to you :)

ShineOnAndOn said...

P.S. Fab collection! LOvE

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I have so far only found a dreadful quialty file of the Ellen apperance on YouTube. Will continue to be on the lookout...

I just listened to "Rio" - that albums ages very well, doesnt it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...