Sunday, March 27, 2011

SOTD...



The Human League are (like Duran Duran) releasing a brand new album this week. "Credo" is their 10th studio album, and the first one in 10 years.

File:Credo album cover.jpeg

I have always liked the group, although I must admit that I still dont own all of their albums (but I'm working on it). I remember them very well of course from the 80s (especially "Dont' You Want Me" and "Human"), but then they seemed to dissapear. So I was quite happy to have them back in 1995 when they scored a couple of surprise hits and a successful album. My song of the day is from that album.

But, as always: here is a look at the albums the group has released so far. They have been releasing music for more then 30 years, and sold over 20 million copies.

 

Right then - the song. I picked out their 90s comeback song "Tell Me When". I was very pleasantly surprised when I started to hear this on the radio in early 1995, and it was to become one of my favourite singles of the year.



 The song peaked at number 6 on the UK singles chart, and at number 31 in the US. This was their last UK top 10 single (to date).




2 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

love them! love the song!

Jon said...

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve this! Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...