Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kinky Sex...




Cyndi Lauper will release a new single in June - a a dance song called “The Sex Is in the Heel”. The track is one of many new songs the singer wrote with producer Rich Morel for the new musical called Kinky Boots.

“One of the things I’m doing now is my work with Cyndi Lauper. I wrote a bunch of songs with her for a new musical called Kinky Boots. Cyndi is releasing one of the ones we wrote together this summer as a single. It’s called “The Sex Is in the Heel.” I think the musical opens in Chicago this November before it goes to New York. It’s a great song and I’m psyched about it,” Morel said in an interview.


Morel co-produced and co-wrote many of the songs found on Cyndi Lauper’s 2008 fantastic dance album Bring Ya to the Brink; including the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play #1 single “Same Ol’ Story” and the Japanese top 20 hit “Set Your Heart”.

Kinky Boots– directed and choreographed by Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell – is about a shoe company that finds new life when its owner is inspired to switch to manufacturing fetish footwear. 

5 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

FABULOUS!

Jon said...

I inevitably groan when yet another movie gets turned into a musical - "Desperately Seeking Susan" with the music of Blondie, anyone? - but let's hope someone injects a bit of craftsmaship into this one.

Sometimes it works (like "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"), sometimes it doesn't (although I've not seen it, the songs from "Legally Blonde" are utter rubbish)...

Cyndi is a genius, but can she make it a success? Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I agree. I had no intrest in seeing any of the ones you mentioned above (not even DSS). From the top of my head I cant remember a single movie made into a musical that I wanted to see...

Adam said...

Cyndi has worked for a long time on this, I'm really hoping for a hit, she deserves it. I think that clip is a leaked demo. The finished track will be awesome . Great Post !!

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I really hope this will be big for her! And I also thought the clip sounded like a demo - cant wait to hear the finished product!

I loved her last album, but I really want her to go back to dance music ("Into The Nightlife" is one of the best songs she has ever done and should have been a massive hit!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...