Monday, May 28, 2012

TV Bomb...



Kylie Minogue performed her new song "Time Bomb" on The Voice UK tonight. The track entered the UK singles chart today at #31 after just 2 day sales and with no physical release (at least not yet!). Not bad, especially considering that it is really not one of her best tracks (I love everything she does, this one just isn´t quite up to her standards IMO). Still, it may not be "All The Lovers" or "Confide In Me" but it is a new Kylie song!

The princess will be releasing a new album next year, and I hope she will move into a different direction with that record. She has released an amazing amount of pop classics over the last 25 (!) years, but she is very capable of other things as well! I would love to see her do a bit darker and more serious music for an album or two, without totally abandoning her "discopoproots". Her 1997 album "Impossible Princess" is without a doubt one of her strongest releases to date and I would very much like a follow up to that (and then perhaps a triumphant return of PopKylie again after that).

No matter what she does I will follow. This just seems like a good time for her to try out something new.





2 comments:

Teddi said...

I feel it ís time for a slightly different approach. A more mature and sophisticated one. Another Impossible?

ShineOnAndOn said...

It is fun...pop...and puts me in a good mood. That is all I ask from my Princess. The video is ULTRA HQ...Love her nod to London. Wish there were a few more hot men in it...but this is going to be a huge main stream hit for her, and that makes me very happy, SHINE ON KYLIE! There is plenty of time for her to get DEEP...Remember...this is a year of CELEBRATION! K25! The video and song are breaking sales records WORLDWIDE! Congrats Kylie :D xoxoMM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...