Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SOTD...



It's yet another birthday. Time has started to fly way too fast for my tastes and I most certainly do not feel like I have reached the XX number (no, it's not 40 - YET!).

Nevermind,  I thought I would pick my very first ever favourite song (that I can remember) as the Song Of The Day.

Ex-Kajagoogoo singer Limahl released the title track from the film The Neverending Story in 1984. The song became a big hit, charting at #1 in Japan, Sweden and Norway,  #2 in Germany and Austria, #4 in the UK, #7 in France and #17 in the US. The song was written and produced by none other then Giorgio Moroder!



It became my favourite song as soon as I heard it and I would call the local radio station every day to request it. As soon as the film came out on VHS I demanded to see it and when I discovered that the film was based on a book I tracked down a copy and read it in one evening. It became my favourite book of all time. As a reference to the film and its title, the song has no distinctive beginning, nor an end (it just fades in and out, which I always liked). The 12" version is excellent as well and I still have the record to prove it :)



So, here is the song that a 6 year old diva in the making was listening to again and again, all those years ago:

9 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Reminds me of my days clubbing in SF with my Michael. We always loved this song. Happy Birthday to my younger sweetness of joy. Cheers...Shine On, Sister! :) *HUGS* xoxoMM

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thank you so much sweetie. Shame I was too young to be clubbing with you guys ;)

Teddi said...

Happy birthday sweetie!

Jon said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday, daaahhling!

And what better than a bit of Limahl to indulge yourself in..? :-)

Jx

Thunderbitch said...

Happy birthday my favorite queen of all time, I love you so very much my sweet and yes I do adore this song and love my blu-ray of the film :)

xoxox

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thanks so much guys! And Thunderbitch darling, you are obviously my favorite queen ever! How is the film on Blu-Ray?

Thunderbitch said...

It looks great on blu-ray but no extras :(

Unknown said...

Happy 35th birthday!!

- from that "Anonymous" guy whom blogspot still refuses to display my ID

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thank you very much, you mysterious Anonymous you ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...