Thursday, May 9, 2013

SOTD...



Remember Dutch group Teach-In? They won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1975 with one of my favorite winning songs, "Ding-A-Dong". You may however not remember the tacky little number I chose as the Song Of The Day...

The group split up in 1978 but returned a year later with two new female singers and a song about a lovely robot. Have I mentioned how I love the Dutch? I don't think any other single country has given the world as many tacky/hilarious/awful songs. I simply must go record shopping in Amsterdam one day...

4 comments:

Jon said...

It simply exudes class, dear! Jx

PS If you happen to be in Amsterdam the weekend of 9th-12th August, we could go tacky music shopping in the 'Dam together...

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I would love too - but I fear the cat fights once we´d spot some "classic" Vanessa records...

Jon said...

I'd be gathering armfuls of Dolly Dots CDs... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

See, there's another cat fight waiting to happen. I think it's best we do our Dutch CD/Vinyl shopping separately ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...