Friday, July 12, 2013

SOTD...



Only a few more hours and then it's vacation time!

The weather may have been more or less dreadful, but I need a vacation - big time! And to get me in the mood, here is a long overdue installment in the Song Of The Day series.



"Cuba" by Gibson Brothers was released in 1979 and then again in 1980. It became a big hit in Europe and peaked at #12 in the UK. It's one of these songs that still sound fantastic today (especially the full length version!) and it's one of those Prozac songs that always gets me in a good mood. So, despite battling flu and bad weather, here is the sound of summer:


Also, here is a pretty good version from a couple of years ago.

And that's it for now. The Galaxy is taking a couple of weeks off, but things will return to normal after that. Enjoy your weekend, enjoy the summer and most of all: enjoy yourself.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I do so agree - "aural Prozac"! I love it! Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...