Monday, April 4, 2011

Sensual Shoes...



Kate Bush has announced the full tracklisting  for the "Director's Cut" album.

As previously announced, the record features reworkings of songs from 1989's "The Sensual World" and 1993's "The Red Shoes".

"Director's Cut" is released on May 16 through Fish People, with distribution via EMI. The opening track, 'Flower Of The Mountain', is a new version of the title track from "The Sensual World".

Bush explained: "Originally when I wrote the song 'The Sensual World' I had used text from the end of 'Ulysses' by James Joyce, put to a piece of music I had written. When I asked for permission to use the text I was refused, which was disappointing.

"I then wrote my own lyrics for the song although I felt that the original idea had been more interesting. Well, I'm not James Joyce, am I?

"When I came to work on this project I thought I would ask for permission again and this time they said yes. It is now re-titled 'Flower of the Mountain' and I am delighted that I have had the chance to fulfill the original concept."

All lead vocals and drums on the album have been newly-recorded, and three tracks - including 'This Woman's Work' - have been completely re-recorded. Guests on the album include Steve Gadd, Danny Thompson and Mica Paris.

A short film directed by Bush to accompany lead single 'Deeper Understanding' will feature Robbie Coltrane, Frances Barber, Noel Fielding and Kate's son Albert, who sings as the computer programme on the reworked version.

The full tracklisting of "Director's Cut":

1. 'Flower Of The Mountain' (originally 'This Sensual World')
2. 'The Song of Solomon'
3. 'Deeper Understanding'
4. 'Lily'
5. 'The Red Shoes'
6. 'This Woman's Work'
7. 'Moments of Pleasure'
8. 'Never be Mine'
9. 'Top of the City'
10. 'And So is Love'
11. 'Rubberband Girl'



(I am very glad to see that one of my all-time Kate faves is included on the album: "Moments Of Pleasure").

1 comment:

Jon said...

Intriguing, certainly... Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...