Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tracks...



You know the drill - here are some of my favourite recent tracks. Good too see the likes of Kate Bush, Amanda Lear, Stevie Nicks and Martha Wash (and even Grace Jones) still here in 2011! Roisin Murphy NEEDS to make a new album, I officially love Clare Maguire and Cocknbullkid - Lady Gaga on the other hand seems to be going downhill very fast. While I do like parts of her new single, it is still a far cry from her pre- "Born This Way" work. And the less said about the "Judas" video, the better...

















3 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

oh life is good...just to hear Grace in the background, love that one! Instant fan of Claire, love the huskyness in her voice and a fab video! Great tracks of the week! my Gaga burnout continues...

Jon said...

The Brigitte Fontaine/Grace Jones collaboration is fab! It is ages since I discovered they were even working together:
http://jon-doloresdelargo.blogspot.com/2010/11/pick-of-pops-again.html

As you know from my previous "Pick of the Pops" blogs, I adore Roisin Murphy AND Amanda Lear (imagine that collaboration?!)

As for the others? Claire Maguire - fab voice, fab song, fab video! Cocknbullkid may be a grower (bizarre video!). And what is there to say about Kate Bush, or indeed Martha Wash (despite the crap song)? Sublime... No comment on Miss Nicks (her voice needs to be put out to grass) or GaGa (nuff said).

Hope you liked my latest rundown of new music: http://jon-doloresdelargo.blogspot.com/2011/05/smash-hits.html

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I always love these posts from you Jon :)

"Dancefloor" is really fabulous!!! And it does wet ones apetite for a new album from Miss Jones ("Hurricane" was bloody fantastic!)

I like Stevie Nicks, although I understand what you mean about her voice. Cocknbullkid seems to be one to keep an eye out for - I already love her latest single "Asthma Attack" (the one posted here is from last year).

Amanda and Roisin? I'll make the call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...