Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Movie...



An Absolutely Fabulous movie is in the works, Jennifer Saunders has confirmed. She plans to start work on a film script next year.

"I want to write Ab Fab: The Movie," she confirmed. "We'd have so much fun, and I've thought of a really nice idea.

"We thought it would be hilarious if [Edina and Patsy] went to a party on an oligarch's yacht, got drunk, fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the ocean. Everyone else has left, and the ship has been moved on."

The project will enter production once Saunders completes work on the Spice Girls London stage musical Viva Forever. (*the galaxy leader takes a break to throw up*)
"I think she's a genius," said Langan. "I can't imagine anything more exciting than working with her."

Absolutely Fabulous will also return to TV with three different television specials. The first one will air on BBC this Christmas.

5 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Bring on the Movie, Darrrrrrling! :0 Looking forward to the specials!

Jon said...

I hope it's a good 'un - movie adaptations of British TV series never normally work, in my opinion... Jx

PS Spice Girls - the musical? Bleeeuuuurrrggghhh!

Teddi said...

I would love to get them back. I so love AbFab

AmazonValkyrie said...

*GASP* OMFG!!! I am SO excited! AbFab is today's I Love Lucy, and like Lucy & Ethel, Patsy & Eddie MUST live forever!

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Cant wait for their return!!! I lived for Ab Fab (and Madonna of course) back in the 90s!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...