Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tracks...



Time for some tracks now. I may be busy as hell with studies, but there should always be time for some music, right?

This batch includes some surprises (a rather good track from Nelly Furtado but a little disappointing one from Lana Del Rey - what is happening?), some campness (Melodifestivalen for example) and of course the new one from Army Of Lovers, who seem to be rather hated by their fans right now after their lovely letter to La Camilla (just witness her entrance in the clip below!). Then there is a surprise track by Khaled, which I can' get out of my head and reaaaaaally makes me long for summer. But the best of the bunch are the last two: a fabulous David Bowie cover by the wonderful Claudia Brucken and a trio of drag queens who make a song by Alicia Keys actually listenable!

Now, wich me luck on my next test this Thursday - and hopefully you will find something here to enjoy!

























5 comments:

Teddi said...

Fab choices as always sweetie ;)

ShineOnAndOn said...

Looking forward to listening to all this weekend! Looks like some fun choices!

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I'm pretty sure you will find something to enjoy :)

Jon said...

My life has been so hectic lately I haven't had a chance to sit down with your latest musical selection till now... You already know I adore The Gossip and Bowie, so what of the rest?

Taking the Melodiefestivalen entries first: of course I loved the Army of Lovers song; but Swedish Housewives are so cheesy they make Girls Aloud seem like The Supremes, and the song is terrible! Martin Rolinski is very pretty and I like his song, but he has a really weedy voice; Eddie Razaz was completely flat, and his song is prectically identical to the lovely Eric Saade Popular from a few years ago...

The Christopher S one has a good beat even if it is somewhat generic Gaydar Radio (RIP) fodder; but the RuPaul thing is campness personified! And I've always been partial to a bit of Middle Eastern-tinged dance music, so Khaled gets a big "thumbs up" too; which is more than I can offer Miss Furtado, whose voice gets more like Nicole Shit-slinger by the day.

So to the final contenders. Miss DelRay is typically moody'n'mysterious, and I rather like the song. Miss Brucken's masterful cover of Bowie is even better - as is the video (I even spotted Paul Humphries from OMD and Heaven 17's Glenn Gregory in there). However, if only for the sheer camp shock value, I think I have to vote Willam, Detox and Vicky Vox the winners this time round - hilarious! (And yes, anything is better then Miss Keys.)

Fab! Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I am completely hooked on the Claudia song these days - just brilliant! (BTW, I had noticed Paul in the video but I missed Glenn).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...