Friday, March 8, 2013

SOTD...



It's friday!!! It has been an exhausting week but I think I did pretty well on my test yesterday. That said, I don't really have time to rest - there is still a lot of math to try and get through, and I just started a new english course. But, for now, I am going to enjoy the fact that the weekend is here - and I have just the song!

One of my favourite Olivia Newton-John songs was also one of her last big hits. "Twist Of Fate" was released in 1983 and became a hit in early 1984, reaching #4 in Australia and Canada and #5 in the US. It didn't do as well in the UK though, peaking at #57.

File:Twoofakind1983Poster.jpg

The song was taken from the soundtrack of the film Two Of Us, which starred Olivia and John Travolta. The film was a flop but the song is just a big batch of 80s goodness. Just imagine what a typical early 80s movie song sounds like and then try to tell me that this one does not tick all the boxes!

So, enjoy Oliva in all her glory (apparently she decided to wear all her makeup at once in the video) and take a trip back to a time when music was just really, really fun!

Have a great weekend!





UPDATE:

Olivia was a guest on the Jonathan Ross show this weekend. She started her UK tour last night in Cardiff.

9 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

80's...this is everything! ***Great Memories*** Have a Fab weekend, sweets! xoxoMM

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

You too! I'm off to boogie with Olivia :)

Thunderbitch said...

it's bonnie tyler, now it's olivia... I love how (like you said) had all of her and some of gay Travolta's make up on :)

have a great weekend sweety and just to let know I watched a part of Truth Or Dare and omg it is AMAZING and so it Dick Tracy :)

Hugs

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I still haven't bought Dick Tracy, but it is SO on my list the next time I order from the US! Breathless must SPARKLE! ;)

Have a great weekend too sweetie darling!!!!

Jon said...

The shoulder pads! The hairspray! The whiter-than-white teeth! Everything says it should be good, but unfortunately it is one of those generic songs-from-a-film-soundtrack everyone in the US seemed to be doing in the mid-80s. It could be a Kenny Loggins b-side... A low point for our Livvy, methinks. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

It is exactly a typical, typical 80s movie song - I must admit that Kenny Loggins came to mind when I posted the blog ;)

A low point? Oh no, a low point would be (for example) her dreadful John Travolta christmas single from last year (with one of the worst videos I have ever seen in my life).

Jon said...

I cannot deny I avoided the "John'n'Olivia reunited" mess like the plague - Xmas is bad enough without that extra horror! Jx

Thunderbitch said...

Omg the song and video to their x-mas single was just so very very very awful :(

I saw her on the Jonathan Ross show last night, she was funny but that pore face of hers is so very stretched that she now looks like a Chihuahua instead of a person :)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Hehehe - yes, she has gone a bit overboard with the plastic surgery. I saw her perform the eternally wonderful "Xanadu" on Oz TV a couple of years ago and she looked like she could barely move her face.

Why do famous women always end up looking like The Joker after they pass 60? We will make sure it won't happen to us, right darling?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...