Thursday, August 29, 2013

King Of Everything...

Boy George 'This Is What I Do'

Boy George has announced a new album. He will will release This Is What I Do on October 28 through his own Very Me record label.

"I wanted to make a baggy album, not overproduced and I think I have achieved it," Boy George stated. I was listening to things like 'Beast Of Burden' by The Stones, and I had my head most definitely in the '70s. (Long-time writing partner) Richie Stevens's approach was very organic and he's the best drummer in the world so the feel of the record was so locked in from the start. I was also writing from a happy place. This time, no ex-lovers to get revenge on. For me Bigger Than War sums up the tone."

Boy George has collaborated with a host of musicians including DJ Yoda, Kitty Durham (Kitty Daisy & Lewis), Ally McErlaine (Texas / Red Sky July), MC Spee (Dreadzone) and Nizar Al Issa.

This Is What I Do will be 12 tracks long and be supported by a seven-date tour of the UK later this year.

Tracklist:

1. 'King of Everything'
2. 'Bigger Than War'
3. 'Live Your Life'
4. 'My God'
5. 'It's Easy'
6. 'Death of Samantha'
7. 'Any Road'
8. 'My Star'
9. 'Love and Danger'
10. 'Nice and Slow'
11. 'Play Me'
12. 'Feel the Vibration'

The full dates for Boy George's UK tour are as follows:

November 3 - Manchester, RNCM
November 5 - Birmingham, Glee Club
November 6 - Leeds, City Varieties Music Hall
November 7 - Glasgow, King Tuts
November 9 - Oxford, O2 Academy 2
November 10 - London, Koko
November 11 - Brighton, Concorde 2

2 comments:

binkyzooma said...

cant wait for this!!! have you heard anything about the "covers" album that was supposed to be released last year? was really looking forward to that one also...as always thanx for all the incredible info.

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I am looking forward to this one as well! I loved his last one (Ordinary Alien) and I can´t tell you how much I listened to U Can Never B2 Straight. Hopefully he will make sure to release the new one on CD, he mentioned in an interview when Ordinary Alien was coming out that he realized that his fans wanted his stuff on physical formats. Speaking of, I sadly never got my hands on the Asian release of OA which featured a bonus disc with several extra tracks...

I have no idea what happened to the covers album. The Boy seems to have a track record of making announcements and then nothing happens. I do hope it will come out at some point, I really liked his Lana Del Rey cover (and I ADORE Miss Rey so that's no small feat to pull off).

But in the meantime: bring on the new one!!!

And as always: thanks for reading, Mr binkyzooma ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...