Thursday, December 12, 2013

God & Games...



Boy George has announced a new single, "My God" as the second single from his comeback album This Is What I Do, which marked his first top 40 album since 1987's Sold.

"'My God' is a celebration of faith and the tale of a man who lost faith and found it," said Boy George. "It could be me - but it might be you!"

While a full music video will accompany the single in due course, the release will also include a cover of Lana Del Rey's "Video Games". "Video Games" is a very unusual pop song," he explained. "It reminds me so much of "The Crying Game" and "Blue Velvet". I also adore Lana Del Rey."

The musician has also announced details of a UK tour for next year, which kicks off in Edinburgh on March 30 and includes a show at London's Indigo2 on April 3.

Tickets - priced between £23.50 and £35 - go on sale on Friday, December 20 at 9am. The full list of tour dates appears below:

March 30 - Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms
March 31 - Manchester, The Ritz
April 1 - Birmingham, Institute
April 3 - London, Indigo2
April 4 - Norwich, Waterfront
April 5 - Bristol, O2 Academy

Here is the "performance" version of the "My God" video, along with his cover of "Video Games".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...