Friday, October 31, 2014

Special...



Bette Midler will appear in her first ever UK television special later this year. Bette Midler: One Night Only has been commissioned by ITV, and will be presented by Joanna Lumley.

The singer and actress will perform a selection of her biggest hits, as well as songs from her new album It's The Girls!, which sees her covering hits from some of the world's biggest girl groups.

Midler - who will also sit down for an interview with Lumley - said: "I can't believe this is really my first special in the UK. What have we been waiting for all these years? We're going to have a ball.


"I'm looking forward to performing some of my favourite songs and also introducing some wonderful new songs that celebrate iconic girl groups. I love the music these women made. They say behind every great man, there's a great woman. Well, I think that behind every great woman, there should be at least two other women singing and dancing in perfect unison."

Peter Davey, commissioning editor for entertainment at ITV, said: "Legends don't come any bigger than Bette Midler and everyone at ITV is delighted that she has chosen to make her first UK special with us."

2 comments:

Jon said...

Now, this is going to be fantastic! Miss Midler and Miss Lumley? Together? Plus highlights from her much-awaited "Girl Groups" album (I listened to her Radio 2 show on the subject of girl singers, during which she played quite a few tracks from it, and it sounds right up my street)?

Gay Heaven, I'd say!

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I am really looking forward to this album - I suspect it will be quite a hit for her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...