Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ciao Italia...

Madonna: The video for my next single “Turn up the Radio” will be shot in Florence

Madonna is playing it Italy tonight, and she has given some press interviews. Here is one of them, translated from Italian:

“My blood pressure dropped at the very moment in which they landed in Rome”, she begins, “because the last three months we have worked so hard for this show that having a few days off it seemed a dream. I feel good here, I feel loved. I can’t imagine another place in the world where I live in complete relaxation. “

Twenty-five years have passed from the triumphant concert in Turin. What is left of the Madonna?

“It was my baptism of fire, an immense audience, an explosive energy; an event and a feeling impossible to clone. But Madonna is still here, sitting in front of you “.

The new video, Turn up the radio, will be filmed in Italy. Where?

"I’ll be shooting in Florence, in the only possible time between one date and another on the tour.”

This concert tour is perhaps the darkest of your career - which poses major questions about the difficult times that we are living?

“It’s a journey from the darkness into the light. I believe that the world has been at the mercy of the strong powers as now, and nobody cares anymore about the state of the planet. Terrifying. It’s amazing that the faster information is circulated, the less people seem to be motivated to do anything for their own good. Although the Internet is a formidable way of access to the lives of others, we’ve never been isolated as now; a strange paradox. Not only that, we have become more intolerant, we have more prejudices, and this scares me. But there is also another part of the coin: there are also people who struggle to combat all this, to create unity among peoples, to urge people to take action and to feel more in charge of their own destiny “.

(Your Galaxyboy could not agree more)

You are a pop icon with an incredible life and career, but you never stop facing new challenges; After acting, directing …

“Being a the Director has been a real challenge, and several times I have pointed out that it is a work by man. But I have not had a chance to indulge on my feminine side. When you’re on set do not have the time to the hairdresser or depilarti legs-you have to put yourself at the head of a pack of men. Also I had to prove to myself that I would have done, because I was in a whole new territory. And I’m very glad that it is gone, and even proud of my film about Wallis Simpson. I can’t wait to make another “.
According to her critics are biased in front of a pop singer who wants to be an actress or Director?
“People are always prevented, the world is full of prejudices. Who cares! I ended up with an acting career and now I want to do the Director “.
Her daughter with a signature fashion collection. What has she learned from you in terms of style?
“Lola is very independent in this, has her own opinions and sometimes even when I don’t agree goes on her way. I like her spontaneity, the fact that she manages to focus on details that I don’t ever notice. Sometimes, of course, we have the same tastes, and then it happens that she wears my shoes, or I wear hers. What is important is that this work gives her  a sense of responsibility, and that she feels motivated. “

What you would like to discover in the iPod of you children? And what should they listen to instead?

“I would never discuss their tastes, because music is a personal matter. They listen to a lot of electronic music, hip hop, Justin Bieber obviously … “.

And what do you listen to?

“Patti Smith and many film soundtracks.

How has becoming a mother has changed you priorities? You are a rebellious and provocative person that has made a mockery of any rule. Is it difficult now to impose rules to boys?

“I have no more free time because every single moment is dedicated to them, to see them grow quickly, to chide them when they want to go to bed late or stay up all night and party …  they are normal teenagers, except for the fact that they are harassed by the paparazzi. Are they happy with my popularity? I don’t think so. I urge them to treat others with dignity and respect and I am adamant about certain things: first school and homework, then the rest. They have always seen me work hard and know that nothing comes from luck. I thing I am a good example and do not hesitate to admit it, I’m a MOM. On this tour my daughter works in wardrobe and Rocco is dancing onstage in a few pieces. I was clear: If you want to do this ,you have to follow the same same rules as the other dancers, and do not take it lightly. “

Did the fact that you lost your mother at a young age helped you mature more quickly and made want to go out on your own early in your life?

“Certainly the fact that growing up without a mother to guide me made me feel more independent. 

You have taken a lot of risks in your career...

“If you’re an artist, risks are inevitable. Otherwise, I’d better change profession “.

The balance is always a problem for people under pressure. Do you find help through Kabbalah?

“Artists are people who seek a spasmodic popular approval as the damned and struggle to survive in an environment that is crazy … until you realize that the important thing in life is not just how many records you’ve sold, how much you’ve earned, but also be able to take yourself seriously seriously, to laugh at yourself , and not take everything to heart and remember every day that flattery is not a good cure for the soul. These are the certainties that gives me my spiritual path “.

You often use religious imagery in your performances. Do you have something special in store for tonight’s show?

“Of course ! But count on surprise. It is no secret that my strictly religious upbringing is something that I have slowly developed, metabolized and also exorcised through music, songs, videos, shows “.

It is difficult for an artist to adapt his music to different seasons of life? The story says that the changes are dangerous in pop.

“Pop is popular, so you have to constantly be aware of what happens in the world, you have to be informed on consumption; If you do not risk losing the pass in a Flash. The adaptation of which you speak should be an automated process. “

Divorced twice and the mother of four children. At this point it is still nice to have a man for home or do you prefer a single life?

"Single? Why should I be single? It’s definitely nice to have a man for home … Or even in the garden.“

What are the qualities that a man must have to seduce Madonna?

"A distinct personality, ideas, and be a good dancer.”

Is Lady GaGa is a threat or just another “spice girl” in passing?
(She closes her eyes, takes a long breath, holds the breath. She conjures who knows what Saints or Devils to maintain self control):

“She is an artist with a great talent”.



And here we have her famous 1990 airport speech in Italy during her Blond Ambition tour. Hard to believe that was 22 years ago!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...