Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Electric Details...



Details about the upcoming Pet Shop Boys album have just been released! I can't wait to buy this!!!

Pet Shop Boys

Pet Shop Boys new album, Electric, will now be released worldwide on July 15th (international dates vary) and is the first to appear on their own label x2 through Kobalt Label Services. The Pet Shop Boys intend to release all of their future albums on x2 (pronounced "times two").



Produced by Stuart Price, Electric features nine tracks in total – eight brand new songs plus a cover of Bruce Springsteen’s "The last to die" - and has a running length of 50 minutes. The British singer and rapper, Example, performs on one track, "Thursday". The album was recorded in London, Berlin and Los Angeles over the last six months with one track, "Fluorescent", written and recorded within the last month. Neil and Chris comment: “Our latest album often evolves as a response to our previous album and, whereas Elysium had a reflective mood, Electric is pretty banging! And working with Stuart Price on a studio album is something we have wanted to do for a very long time."

When the Pet Shop Boys began working with Price, they made it clear that they wanted to make a "dance record". Price stated that his goal was for every track to have a "euphoric, fresh feel to it"

Price added: "Making Electric was an exciting experience. We recorded it between Berlin, London and Los Angeles using various techniques between old school synth and drum machine programming and new school computer mangling. For me it was a chance to work with two people who shaped so much of my musical taste, yet who keep on pushing farther in both a natural and unexpected fashion. Disco (from 1986) was an album that always spoke to me because it blended song arrangements with dancefloor mixes, and that is what Electric felt like to make. Allowing songs to be full length without considering the pop rules, disregarding classic structures and instead just working instinctively on what was fun and danceable."

Pet Shop Boys: Electric (Vinyl)

The album will be released on both CD and vinyl. The artwork is by Farrow.

Pet Shop Boys 'Axis' Artwork

The album's opening track (and the first single), "Axis", can be heard and purchased online now. No word yet on physical releases.

The albums full track-listing is:

1. Axis
2. Bolshy
3. Love is a bourgeois construct
4. Fluorescent
5. Inside a dream
6. The last to die
7. Shouting in the evening
8. Thursday (featuring Example)
9. Vocal          
      

11 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Super excited about this release..."Allowing songs to be full length without considering the pop rules, disregarding classic structures and instead just working instinctively on what was fun and danceable." YES YES YES! Cannot wait.
xoxoMM

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I agree! The description reminds me a bit of Introspective, where they wanted to make an album of 12" versions. This one is going to be epic!

Thunderbitch said...

This will be so epic, I love the new song, it's a bit strange not to hear Neil actually sing that much on a single but it's pretty banging.

Can't wait for the album.

hugsies

Jon said...

Just from one track alone - Axis - I love it! I am so relieved. Thank heavens Elysium is not the direction they're headed... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Well, I have loved every one of their albums and many of my favorite PSB songs are the slower ones.

Elysium is not their best album by any means, but it does include some excellent tracks. For their next record though I am completely in the mood for what they are going to give us: dance pop! Can't wait!!!

Jon said...

I love PSB's slow stuff as well, but I cannot deny I found quite a bit of Elysium dreary rather than dreamy... Roll on the return of the bop! Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

There were a few tracks on Elysium that I didn't like. "Everything Means Something" and "Give It A Go" should have been B-sides at best and "Hold On" has to be the worst song they have released since "I Get Along". But I love the rest of the album.

Now, however, I am totally in the mood for the return of Dance Pet Shop Boys!

Thunderbitch said...

I agree that "hold on" was a bit horrible but like you guys I love their slow stuff but I'm so in the mood for DANCE DANCE DANCE this summer, hope this will be epic like Erasure's last album was their best ever :)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I LOVE the last Erasure album! "Nightbird" is my favorite, but their last few albums have all been excellent.

I'm sure the new PSB album will be fabulous! Nice of them to release it for us while we STILL wait for the Cher album (instead we get a country album from Cher's mother!)

Thunderbitch said...

Ohhhh a country album from mama Cher :)

yes Nightbird and Tomorrow World are both my favorite albums of theirs and of course Cowboy (so underrated)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I also adore Cowboy! It's funny, all my favorite Erasure albums are the ones they released after they had the most success - including the Erasure album and Light At The End Of The World (I didn't much care for Union Street and Others People's Songs though).

Of the earlier ones, my favorites are Wild and Chorus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...