Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SOTD...



Time to go back to 1992 now - where we meet the unique and absolutely fabulous paring of English dance producer Adamski and the utterly amazing German princess of punk: Nina Hagen.

"Get Your Body" was not exactly a hit (at least not in the UK, where it peaked at #68) but the fantastic video was played a lot on MTV. I still love this song - in fact I bought the 12" a couple of weeks ago and I have been playing it a lot. ("I'd like to bite you - instead I kiss you")...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Until now, I never even knew this song existed... And I love it! Wow.

Miss Hagen can do no wrong. Ever. Jx

PS Goddamit, I have just missed her in the UK again - in a one-off performance of "Musik Kabarett" at the Brighton Dome on 25 May...

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I adore Miss Hagen - there has never been anyone else like her. Seeing her live must be quite the experience.

Glad to introduce that song to you - I absolutely love it, 20 years later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...