Monday, December 30, 2013

In The Evening...



An interesting re-issue is coming out on CD on January 13th:

Sheryl Lee Ralph is a very successful actress, singer and philanthropist who has appeared in many Broadway musicals, Hollywood films and television shows since the beginning of the 1980's. Ralph first came to prominence having created the role of Deena Jones in the incredibly successful and award winning Broadway musical Dreamgirls for which she was nominated as Best Actress at the 1982 Tony Awards. This role was recently reprised on the silver screen by Jennifer Hudson who won an Oscar for her efforts. Ralph has since secured both Tony and Drama Desk best Actress awards for her performances in subsequent Broadway shows. 

As a result of the success of Dreamgirls Ralph ventured into the recording studio in 1984 to provide us with her acclaimed debut album In The Evening. Produced by Trevor Lawrence (I'm So Excited) , In The Evening immediately struck a chord with the U.S. music buying public who helped the title track and lead single peak at #6 on the Billboard Dance charts.

Tracklist:

1. You're So Romantic
2. In the Evening
3. Give Me Love
4. Evolution
5. Back to Being in Love
6. Be Somebody
7. I'm Your Kind of Girl
8. B.A.B.Y
9. Ready Or Not
10. I'm So Glad That We've Met
11. In the Evening (12" Version)
12. You're So Romantic (12" Version)
13. In the Evening (Swedish 12" Remix)
14. You're So Romantic (Swedish 12" Remix)
15. In the Evening (Instrumental)

I adore the title track, but I have never heard the whole album. I just might get this...

2 comments:

Jon said...

As you know, "In the Evening" is an enduring favourite - the soundtrack to my coming-out, indeed. It's also her 57th birthday today!
I, too, have never heard the album in its entirety. An intriguing thought... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I know, I remember your post :) Fabulous song, had no idea it was Miss Ralph's birthday!

I only have the 12" of the song, I'm intrigued to hear the whole album...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...