Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Now You Just Kiss Up To Everybody"...



It's been 20 years since Madonna gave her most infamous TV interview ever.

On March 31st 1994 she made her second appearance on the David Letterman show. The tabloids, who had already tried to bury her career after the release of her Sex book in 1992, had a field day. It didn't stop Madonna from having yet another hit in the US though - "I'll Remember" had been released the same month and would go on to peak at #2 on the Hot 100 (for four weeks) and top the Adult Contemporary chart, also for four weeks. It ended up a being one of the best selling singles of the year in the States.



Here is the full, uncensored interview:

3 comments:

Teddi said...

Oh, how I love that interview. I hope she never stops pushing buttons and asking questions. What am I saying, she never will, hehe

ShineOnAndOn said...

Wow cannot believe it has been 20 years! I remember this interview well, Iconic! Looking forward to watching again, Excellent post as usual! xoxoMM

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I remember it so well (and all the controversy that followed). I saw it on SKY (a UK television station) and remember the hyped up TV commercials advertising the broadcast. I was in stitches watching the interview - thank god for Madonna for making my teen years so much more fun ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...