Friday, April 4, 2014

Single...



Kylie Minogue has confirmed her next single.

She will release "I Was Gonna Cancel" as the second official cut to be lifted from her recent album Kiss Me Once. Minogue confirmed the news during an interview with Rolling Stone, saying: "I had a meltdown on day two in the studio, but that gave way to a fantastic song which will be my second single."

She added: "We're hoping "Beautiful" will be a single as well. I hope we have four singles from the record - that'll be amazing. "Kiss Me Once" is a contender as well."

"I Was Gonna Cancel" was written by Pharrell Williams and serves as the follow-up to Minogue's recent single "Into The Blue" and promo track "Sexcercise". A promo CD has been issued and currently goes for well over 100 pounds.




Kylie's latest album Kiss Me Once reached number two in the UK upon its release last month and topped the charts in Australia.

This is of course not an unexpected choice - but I must say that "I Was Gonna Cancel" is one of my least favorite tracks on the album...



8 comments:

Jon said...

I am not overly keen on it - it's like a Chic song without the production skills of Messrs Edwards and Rodgers. However, Pharrell is one of those "hook" names for the charts at the moment so I suppose the PR people think it'll do well. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

There is also the fact that quite often big time songwriters/producers have it in their contract that at least one of the songs they work on HAS to be released as a single, so I'm sure that might be a factor here...

Jon said...

I am always concerned when one artist's album is produced by "committee", with a host of guest producers, for that very reason. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I agree - this seems to be the norm for a lot of singers these days, as well as the "hunt" for songs all over the place instead of just sitting down and writing them. The end result often sounds like a mismatched collection of songs, rather than one cohesive piece of work. But with album sales declining and people generally just streaming or picking out the songs they like, maybe it's no wonder.

I tend to prefer the albums that actually sound rounded out and complete. Imagine if "Hounds Of Love" by Kate Bush had been a selection of songs from various sources, produced by various people and with guest rappers???

Jon said...

Or "Nightclubbing", or "Dare", or "Parallel Lines"... Jx

Thunderbitch said...

or Rhythm Nation or just so many great albums :( I agree in that I was gonna cancel is one of the weakest song on the album, but I don't know what songs I would have picked as singles apart from into the blue. But anyway in honor of Teddi's birthday yesterday I got to know from Kristján that we are going to see the pop Princess miss Minogue in september :) woohoohoohoooo

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I agree, there are not many songs on Kiss Me Once that would make a good single - love the album though (and "Beautiful" is much better then I expected).

Congrats on finally seeing the princess in September. We were thinking about going to London to see her, but decided to pass when we saw the seating/standing arrangements. The only way to get a seat in front of the stage is in the back because the floor is standing-only. I don't mind standing, but I want a seat to "mark my spot". I hate going to concerts where people are always pushing into you etc. But we had a fabulous time when we saw Miss Minogue and I know you guys will too!!! :)

We looked into several other concerts (Lady Gaga, Kate Bush, Lisa Stansfield) but passed on them too - I'm just holding out for Miss Ross to visit Europe ;)

Thunderbitch said...

Yebbs Kristján did try and get us tickets to see Kate Bush but the sold our like crazy :( it would have been ace to see her :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...