Friday, March 18, 2011

Hmmm...



Country producer Mark Bright has confirmed that he will be working on a new album with Cher in the near future.

Bright has worked with numerous country acts and is known as one of the masterminds behind all three of Carrie Underwood's studio albums.

When asked about working with Cher, he told Silk and Denim Music: "Cher knows that her listeners also listen to country music, so she felt it was a natural thing to develop a country music relationship."

Mark met Cher through a mutual friend, Desmond Child. “Because we know each other,” Mark says, “when she came to Nashville she thought of me.”

The album will not be entirely country though. Cher is rumored to be working with  Diane Warren, who walked away with the Golden Globe for Best Original Song for “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me,” which was performed by Cher in Burlesque.

The album would be the first solo effort from Cher since 2001's Living Proof. Oh dear, oh dear - I HATE country music. But then again, if anyone could get away with it...

3 comments:

Jon said...

Let's hope it turns out to be the Dolly Parton school of country rather than the Garth Brooks type. However, I fear that much like her dreadful "Walking in Memphis", this will be too po-faced to be camp! Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Hmmm - I actually loved her take on "Walking In Memphis", and I think that some of the best songs she has ever recorded are on "It's A Mans World". We'll see - I have faith in my Cher!

ShineOnAndOn said...

not a country boy here either, duh! But I really don't think she will let it get "too country" if you know what I mean...it will be interesting to see what she comes up with :) xoxoMM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...