Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SOTD...



It is almost time for Easter vacation! And you just know I have something ever so tacky (and perky) to mark the occasion. Enter Vanessa.

This Dutch pop "princess" scored a few hits in her homeland in the early 80s. Fresh from such classics as "Upside Down (Dizzy Does It Make Me)" and "Dynamite", the lady released "Cheerio" in 1982 and took it to the Dutch Top 20. Complete with demented backup dancers and her finest senorita outfit, here is Vanessa in all her glory. Enjoy!



What's this I hear you say? More Vanessa for everyone? Why, far be it from me to deny the public the talents of this perky little lady. So, voila: the Song Of The Day is now a 3 from 1! Let's see if you can take three in a row!

6 comments:

Jon said...

Ah, yes, the delightful Dutch diva Vanessa...

I can usually take three in a row - ahem! - but I suspect this might be a little more difficult than it seems where this lady's dubious "talents" are concerned. Cheerio, indeed, dear!

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Well, my boyfriend is convinced she´s a demon of some sorts so I understand why this might be a triple best served one at a time (ahem). So I fully expect you will instead be doing your Easter workout to the delightful aerobics video of "Upside Down", while "Dynamite" might be just the thing for - well, never, probably...

Teddi said...

Ýou had to put this up just to spite me didn't you, hehehe!

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

You will learn to love her ;)

Jon said...

I tried "Dynamite", and I must admit I am with Teddi. I could indeed "dynamite" her... However, I did include her in one of my own Tacky Music Mondays, so she obviously has some appeal... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Hehe - yes, some - but not necessarily the good kind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...