Friday, January 25, 2013

SOTD...



It's Friday - and the song of the day is a disco-fantastic number from the fabulous Kelly Marie!

"Feels Like I'm in Love" was a UK number-one single for two weeks in September 1980.
Written by Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry, the song was originally intended for Elvis Presley but he died before it could be pitched to him.

Released in 1979, the song was a sleeper on the Scottish club scene before breaking through nationally in the summer of 1980, reaching the top of the charts in September. The following year, aided by a number of remixes the song became a club hit in the U.S., reaching number ten on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart.

Can you imagine Elvis doing this song (or that video???). Nevermind, I'm off to London to dance with the sailors!

Have a great weekend!



Also, I couldn't resist posting this hilarious TV performance - I love her attitude and those walk/dance moves get me every time! Bless her!

8 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

CLASSSSSSICK! :) Happy weekend! xoxoMM

Jon said...

I danced my tits off (in a similar fashion to Miss Marie and her safety gays) when this was first released 33 years ago, and I'll still dance to it now... BOOM BOOM! BOOM BOOM! Love it. Jx

Thunderbitch said...

This is like ultra gay :) love her funny SAFETY gays like Jon says :)

Jon said...

Every diva needs her safety gays... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Which is why I always have mine on standby...

Jon said...

Hee hee! Teddi, are you listening? Jx

Teddi said...

Putting on my sailor outfit as we speak, BOOM, BOOM!

Jon said...

I can't wait for your home video... Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...