Saturday, April 13, 2013

SOTD...



It is always fun to hear songs that I had completely forgotten about. This one is an excellent example.

"Guardian Angel" is a 1983 song by Drafi Deutcher, released under the artist name Masquerade. The song became a hit in various countries in Europe, including Germany where it peaked at #2. I had completely forgotten about the song (although I loved it back in the day), until I came across this video a couple of weeks ago. And of course in true 80s fashion, it as all a bit over the top. Apparently the "singers" are actors who had nothing to with the vocals on the song.

A massive blast from the past for little old me...

2 comments:

Jon said...

'tis a new one on me...

Someone should have told the one with the mask to shave his moustache off before putting the white panstick on!

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

What? I thought it was so sexy ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...