Monday, May 20, 2013

Hurrah!...



Janet Jackson has revealed that she is working on new music. The singer is currently celebrating the 20th anniversary of her fourth album janet, released on May 18, 1993.

In April, unconfirmed reports were saying that Janet intended to retire from the entertainment industry, moving to the Middle East with new husband Wissam Al ManaHowever, she told Billboard: "I am working on a new project now. We are creating the concept and initial thoughts on the music. I am excited about the direction we are taking. I don't want to rush it… I don't want to put a time constraint on the creative process."

Speaking about her 1993 album turning 20, Jackson expressed: "I can't believe it is already 20 years! I always write my music based on what is going on in my life at the time. I wanted to allow people in... I want my fans to really know me. The janet album was sexual, and I was beginning to really discover that side of me."

Newcomers like Kendrick Lamar and How to Dress Well are referencing Jackson’s songs in their own music (Lamar’s “Poetic Justice”, How to Dress Well’s version of “Again”). Janet commented: “I have listened to the music that is out there and I love Kendrick’s ‘Poetic Justice,’” Jackson said. “There are artists, true performers that have come before me who have been a big inspiration to me. I hope I do the same for others.”


I am thrilled about this! I have been listening a lot to Miss Jackson lately and I can't wait for new stuff from her! You can see Billboard's track by track review of the classic janet album here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...