Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tracks...



As regular readers may have noticed, the blog hasn't been updated much lately. The main reason for that is because I have been extremely busy over the last few weeks. New management took over the place where I work and that has meant quite a few meetings, changes in the workplace etc. I had intended to keep on working there but something else unexpectedly came up.

I have been in talks this month with another company and as a result I will be starting a brand new job next week, running a business I don't really know anything about (!). However, I have decided it is time to move on to other things and hopefully this will be a fun new challenge.

But on to the business at hand - yes, it's time again for some tracks/videos that have caught my attention lately. This lot includes the return of Infernal (as Paw & Lina) as well as a comeback from Miss Marianne Faithfull. There are also two songs that feature Ariana Grande, although I'm not even a big fan! However, "Problem" has been sneaking up on my all summer and "Break Free" not only features dance prince Zedd but also a video inspired by the world of a certain Barbarella!

The highlight here though has to be the excellent "Monument" by Royksopp and Robyn! Hope you'll find something to enjoy here :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

All the best to you in your new job!! :)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thanks a lot :)

Jon said...

How the f*ck could I have missed this one, darling?! So sorry I am - gulp - a month late in commenting, but I honestly didn't see it when you posted it...

Firstly, as with the Patron Saint Amanda Lear, Miss Marianne Faithfull stands alone and untouchable, outside any musical list such as this - she is just breathtaking in her genius. 'Nuff said.

Now to the rest, and, as always let's get the ones I don't like out of the way. You know my feelings on Adore Delano: drag or no drag, her chosen "musical" genre of R'n'B is anaethema to me. And although I'll concede that Problem is catchy (and would be good in another artist's hands, no doubt), it is a mystery to me how women so lacking in any kind of discernible talent whatsoever (Ms Grande, Ms Ora and Ms Azalea) can possibly get a record deal, let alone hits. Can't sing, can't dance, vaguely pretty - doesn't cut the mustard for me.

Miss del Ray mumbles her way through this one, in one ear and out the other, leaving just the most minor of headaches. Similarly - although I do adore their back catalogue - Goldfrapp's newest sent me to sleep.

Miss Paparizou's is a reasonable enough effort, but highly unlikely to set the charts alight.

Paw&Lina - lordy, what rave-era choon does that remind me of?! I am wracking my brain, but can't name it... Love the track, of course, and it is so good to see the "artists formerly known as Infernal" again after such a time...

I do agree, Robyn and Royksopp's is indeed "monumental" - probably best appreciated in a dimly-lit "chillout room" late at night, methinks. Excellent.

However, there is only one winner here, and it is a bit of a surprise, even to me - I simply cannot get enough of Miss Meghan Traynor. Talk about perfect "cheer-up" music!

Anyhow, you've done us proud as always - but where are you lately? Poor ol' Barbarella's Galaxy seems to have been sadly neglected of late... Missing you already!

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Hi sweetie!

So sorry for my absence lately - work has been rather crazy, learning to run a company with very little previous experience is a lot of hard work! But I'll be back as soon as I have the time :)

As for your comments, I have to agree about Ariana - I don't care much for her and both "Problem" and "Break Free" would probably be even better had another singer performed them. I will however hear no bad words about Princess Lana ;)

The Infernal song is (I think) actually a remake of one of their earliest hits but I will have to check it out to be sure...

That song by Miss Traynor is indeed a surprise - it is the current US #1 song and has/is becoming a big hit worldwide. A nice surprise!

I am putting together my next batch and I'll post it as soon as I have some free time (as well as making an extended visit to your blog - I miss my daily visits and I am looking forward to a big catch up!).

Hope you are well and perky! Hugs, H

Jon said...

Be sure to remember your friends when you become an entrepreneurial billionaire! :-)

I await your blog re-emergence with antici.......pation!

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Tee-hee. Thanks, but I suspect the billions are a bit far off as of now ;)

I'll be back before you know it Mr Furter - I could never forget about my Razzle Dazzle pal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...