Saturday, June 11, 2011

Interviews...



Cyndi Lauper starts her tour in Europe tomorrow night with a show here in Iceland. She did a couple of interviews to the Icelandic press - and in one of them (to Morgunblaðið) she revelead that her next muscial output will be a christmas EP! And if it will sound anything liker her fabulous 1997 christmas album, we are in for a treat!!!



Morgunblaðið: You have issued a total of 11 albums, do you think you will release more albums in her lifetime?

Cyndi Lauper: "Yes, without a doubt, I will do it. But for now I'm enjoying the new album and dedicate my time to other projects. I will also release a live DVD in September and a Christmas EP during the holidays."

Here is a summary from the interviews:



*When asked about why she was coming to Iceland: "I dont know much about Iceland, but I have always wanted to go there. So when my manager informed me that it was a possibility, I was very happy since it is one of the few countries in the world where I have never played. I know the country is very beautiful, and I am a big fan of Bjork and the Sugarcubes. I became a massive fan of them when they first came around, and I still think that Bjork is a genious. Also, I love electronic music and there has been loads of great electronic music coming from Iceland. And my fans have been asking me  throughout the years to come to Iceland, so here I finally am. Also I have heard that this is a very friendly nation, so overall I couldnt think of a better place to start the tour - it will be fabulous, an adventure!"



*When asked about her long career, and if she ever gets tired of music: "Music keeps changing, so I dont think I will ever get tired of it. I love what I do and I couldnt imagine doing anything else. I follow the goddess of song wherever it leads me. And I dont like to do just one or two types of music. The new album ("Memphis Blues") has been in the works for 8 years. I have been passionate about blues ever since I was a little girl, so to finally make an album like this was a dream come true for me.



Cyndi will of course perform many songs from her new album at the concert in Iceland tomorrow. But will fans also be able to hear some of her classics? "Yes, of course. I still love to perform those songs - and I want to make the audience happy as well. We can all have a party together".



Despite the fact that you have been releasing music for 30 years now, including pop, dance and blues music, do you feel that there are people out there that think of you mainly as an 80s artist? "Yes, sadly sometimes I feel that there are people who think my image is still stuck in the 80s. But I do understand it too - my first album was a huge success and after starting out on the top - it is hard to compete with that. But I am proud of the start of my career anv very happy with it overall".



When asked about Lady Gaga: "We have a lot in common and we have become good friends. She works very hard and she puts everything into it. I adore her". She also mentioned that there were no plans to record with Gaga at the moment.



About her future plans: "I have loads of upcoming projects. My biography and a live DVD comes out late this year, a reality show that starts this autumn - and I am writing songs for a Brodway production of the english movie "Kinky Boots". But for now, I am just focusing on the new album":



Do girls still just wanna have fun? "Totally! But we also want respect and equality!"



2 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

I hope you have a fantastic Cyndi concert, I will be there in spirit! Have fun sweetie :) xoxoMM

Jon said...

I look forward to hearing more about "Kinky Boots" the musical! Have a great time at the concert, and I look forward to hearing about it... Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...