Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SOTD...



A track from the 90s I still love!

"Sky High" is a cover of a 1975 single by Jigsaw. The version by Newton was produced by Mike Stock and Matt Aitken. The single surprisingly only made it to #56 in the UK back in 1995, but became a Top 10 hit in Australia. Two versions were made of the song with two different videos (see below). I had only heard the second one, I quite like the other one as well which starts out slow before bursting into a typical, lovely 90s beat that made me a very happy boy back in the 90s! I cant believe that it has been 17 years since I was obsessed with this song...



3 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

I Freaking Love it! Good Stuff!

Jon said...

I love the song in whatever version (including the original from 1975)! Mind you, if the "international" was not the version released in the UK I can understand why it didn't get much in the way of airplay as it is rather too close to the original (which does still get played here!). Jx

PS My friend's dad was Jigsaw's agent in the 1970s. Interesting fact about Jigsaw - their song "Who Do You Think You Are?" was eventually covered by none other than St Etienne! The duo responsible for all the hits also wrote for Eurovision, as well as for Boyzone and for Nikki French.

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Really? I had no idea!

I believe that both of the Newton version were released in the UK - the first one in 1994, peaking in the low Top 100, followed by the second version in 1995 which peaked at #56.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...