Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tracks...



It's been a while - but now that things are returning to normal here in the Galaxy, here is a bacth of tracks I have been playing a lot over the last few weeks. And as usual, you'll find a pretty weird mixture... 

This lot includes a devil in a revealing outfit, two "tigers", swedish reggaeton, Terence Stamp, latino papis, Infernal singing in danish, a video of a band playing their song in a somewhat, erm, explicit way, Svetlana Loboda with a beard, two creepy middle aged ladies making their own men - the list goes on.

My absolute favorites of the bunch: the teaser track from the new Pet Shop Boys album, the new Marina And The Diamonds single and of course the new Sandra single (fanmade video to the extended version of the song, which was produced as an homage to her 80s sound - love it!!!) I have been playing the CD single on repeat since I got it...

Leave your comments!























2 comments:

Jon said...

Wow - that's a helluva catch-up collection.

You know, obviously, that I adore Hot Chip, Straight Up!, Cosmo Jarvis and Cazwell, and of course the Pet Shop Boys!

Now, the rest. Gnucci irritated me after the first minute or so, and I had to switch her off, I'm afraid. The Aiku song is a bit pedestrian (at first listen) - but that video is a work of genius! I just wish the singer had cleaned his teeth before they did all those close-ups...

Miss Loboda is really, really trying hard to get a summer anthem, isn't she? It's catchy enough, but quite forgettable. Even more so is that Infernal thing - incomprehensible musically (as well as being in Swedish); why on earth don't they stick to cheery dance music? And I still can't warm to Miss Marina, Diamonds or no Diamonds.

Being a diehard 80s-Italo-Hi-NRG freak, I (inevitably) love the new one from Sandra. We are well overdue a true Italo revival! So (apart from the songs I have already selected in my own Pick of the Pops slot, as above) the prize - for sheer chutzpah is nothing else - must go to 2 Shoes. I only saw the video for the first time earlier today, and funnily enough, I love it!

Keep up the good work, sweetie... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Glad you liked most of my selections :)

The Infernal track is a "one-off" and not really an Infernal song. They are in the studio working on their next Infernal album.

The Loboda song has something to do with some football thing (and it became better and better the more I listened to it).

Sandra! I can't get enough of that song! And I 100% agree, we need an Italo revival. There is still big intrest in Italo - I cant tell you how many times I have come agross sites and forums in the last 5 years or so that are dedicated to Italo music, including selling vinyl and CD. I know a lot of Sandra fans have been asking her to do something in the style of her 80s songs so this is a very nice, one-off single gift to her fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...