Sunday, March 2, 2014

Divas, Russians And Salsa...



Still trying to get a rid of that annoying flu! I did sneak out yesterday though to go to the local flea market - ant thank god I did! I picked up loads of excellent CDs for a steal. Example:



This rather fabulous, out of print and impossible to get box set from Lisa Stansfield. It rarely comes up for sale and when it does it goes for silly money (but can be yours now on the Amazon marketplace for just 399 pounds)! My price: 5 pounds!!!



Today I am trying very hard to comprehend the fact that it is, to the day, 25 years since Madonna returned to the music world after taking 1988 off from music with her single "Like A Prayer". I still remember when I heard the song on the radio for the first time - I was blown away by how different it sounded from her previous work, and of course by how utterly fabulous it was!

The song made it's debut via 2 minute Pepsi commercial that was shown all over the world at the very best time slots possible. The rest is history of course - just hours later the actual music video for the single made its debut and all hell broke loose, resulting in Pepsi dropping the whole campaign. Madonna of course walked away with a cool 5 million dollars for her part though ;)



Anyways, in order to cheer me up here are a couple of things that I came across:



This has to be seen to be believed! Ex Army of Lovers gal Michela De La Cour is full on salsa swing, with some weird partners. This really made my weekend ;)

2 comments:

Jon said...

Fuck. When you go shopping, you really go hunting - what on earth was that Michela De La Cour thing all about?

Jx

PS Can it really be a quarter of a century since "Like A Prayer"? I feel sooooo old.

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Well, it IS Miss De La Cour, so I guess only she knows...?

25 years - I does freak me out a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...