Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SOTD...

ATC Around the World Album Cover

The song of the day is "Around The World" by German based group ATC.

Released back in 2000, it became a big hit all over Europe. The single went on to become a Top 20 hit in the UK and a Top 40 hit in the US.

I loved this song when it was released and I must admit I still do. Yes, it's extremely cheesy and the group almost makes Steps look cool. But with a debut album called Planet Pop (which I own, of course) and several catchy pop singles, how I can I not like ATC (oh, which BTW stands for A Touch Of Class - seriously! DJ ATB felt that the names were too simular and so the group dropped the ATC name for their second album).



What happened to these pioneers of pop, I hear you ask? Well, after their second album flopped they decided to call it quits. But tracks like the one blasting in the Galaxy today live on ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...