Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SOTD...



It's Keren Woodward's birthday - she turns 52 today! And to celebrate, today's SOTD is of course by Bananarama.

"Move In My Direction" was released as the first single from their 2005 album Drama. It was their first UK single (and album) release in the UK since 1993. The single became a hit, peaking at #14 on the UK singles chart. It also made me realize just how much they had been missed from the pop scene (I had not heard a single peep from the girls since the early 90s). So this was a very, very welcomed return!

5 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

A lovely SOTD! xoxoMM

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

One of my many, many Bananafaves!

Jon said...

It was good to have them back - as it was for me to see them in their very final incarnation as a threesome at G-A-Y in 2002... They've just broken records (with Kim Wilde and Tony Hadley) at 43,000ft - where next for the girls, I wonder? Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Aaaah, yes! I have a wonderful audience recording of that performance ("Venus"). Would have loved to be there!

Their material is still very good, I hope they will treat us to a new album. "Viva" was, I believe, a one album deal so I don't think they have a current record contract. But judging by the success of their "Now Or Never" EP, I would not be surprised if they release something this year. Fingers crossed...

Teddi said...

Such a fab song!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...