Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Your Mistress Tonight...



Back in 1992, Madonna released her Erotica album - oh, and a little book called SEX. What followed was the most extreme case of hatred I have ever seen directed at a celebrity, from both the press and the public. You could not open up a magazine without seeing 10 page articles about how horrible Madonna was (yet the articles were filled with photos from her book) and there was even a dreadful "book" called The I Hate Madonna Handbook published.

Many of us remember this time - the age of Dita! I adored it - I loved the album, I loved the book, I loved the videos and I LOVED the Girlie Show Tour! I even loved Body Of Evidence!

But what I loved most of all was her attitude at the time. She gave some of the best interviews of her career during 1992/1993 - including the one below. I still remember seeing it for the first time back in late 1992 (my dad recorded it for me, since I was DJing at my school that night) and it made me love Madonna even more, if such a thing was possible.

20 years later it is still a fascinating watch - I am now the age she is in the interview which makes me appreciate even more some of the points she is making.

Everybody now: "My name is Dita, I'll be your mistress tonight..."

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...