Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SOTD...



For a brief moment in the mid-90s, 2wo Third3 were the greatest band in the world. The four-piece trio  only released four singles - an album was recorded by never issued - but they represent a perfect pocket of super-stylised pop. As well as Lee, Danny, Victor and "songwriter behind the scenes" Biff, 2wo Third3 were also the work of manager Tom Watkins (Pet Shop Boys, East 17, Bros) and London design firm Form (responsible for most decent record sleeves since 1991). They were also the first sort-of-openly gay pop band.

"I Want The World" was released in 1995 and peaked at #20 in the UK. I loved this track back when it was released and I still quite like it!

2 comments:

Jon said...

I must admit I have never heard this before, such was the boys' impact. Shame, it's a reasonably good song, and probably would have been truly fab in the hands of someone like Pete Burns... Jx

PS One wonders what these three are doing now? (I understand "Biff" went on to write all the Spice Girls' hits!]

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I agree, it would have been a great track for Pete, although I think that the singer does a pretty good job.
So, what happened to them?
Lee disappeared for a few years and then re-emerged as 4th Child,Dan went into music publishing and licensing and Victor went back to plumbing (!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...