Thursday, January 24, 2013

SOTD...



We are still very much in the 80s (why would we ever want to leave?).

This fabulous little number by Italian group Matia Bazar was released in the mid-80s and went number one in Italy and Belgium. I had actually forgotten about this song until I heard it again in 2005. It was featured on the Back To Mine double CD compilation, where Pet Shop Boys selected some their favorite songs (this one was on the disc by Chris Lowe, who is probably one of my musical soulmates!).

File:TiSento.jpg

The track was covered by Scooter in 2009 and featured the original singer. I much prefer the original version, of course...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Oh. My. Heavens. I absolutely love, love, love this song! As you are well aware, I am a bit of a fan of the Hi-NRG/Italo-Disco/Eurobeat sound of the 80s myself - and this is up there at the top of the tree alongside the likes of Fun Fun, Samantha Gilles, Ken Laszlo, My Mine and their ilk... Jx

PS The Scooter version would be fine without the shouting.

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

You are also one of my musical soul mates, obviously ;)

I agree with you about the Scooter version - the shouting in every one of their songs has become beyond tiresome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...