Tuesday, May 21, 2013

September!...



After Madonna accepted her Top Touring Artist award at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, she sat down exclusively with Extra’s Jerry Penacoli, and opened up about her family, her Met Gala photo with Kim Kardashian and her feud with Elton John.

She also revealed that the MDNA Tour is being released on DVD and Blu-ray in September.


On family…

It was great to have a working family… to me that’s my idea of fun, to be creative, to do what I love to do and see my kids working around me and earning their way in life. My daughter worked in the costume department and she loved it. My son was in the show, and he loved it.

I try to find the right balance between being there for them and guiding them and also being an artist. I’m trying to find enough time in the day to do those jobs well. I try to be very clear with them. This is my persona for work. What we aspire to do is to work and to be good people. If you don’t have those two things, fame is nothing, so I try to drill that into their heads.


On Kim Kardashian…

I met her years and years ago when she was a little girl, believe it or not. She told me she was a huge fan of mine, and it was during the time I was wearing all of the rubber bracelets on my arms. I took off all of the bracelets and gave them to her and then I completely forgot about it. She reminded me when I saw her the other night. Now she’s a pregnant lady!

Madonna confirmed the reconciliation with Elton John at a restaurant in Nice, France…

After we kissed and hugged, he paid for my dinner, as he should.




Right after winning Top Touring Artist at the Billboard Music Awards Sunday night, we caught up with Madonna backstage for a quick chat. The pop icon discussed her upcoming MDNA concert special, new album rumors and her charitable initiatives in Africa and beyond.

Madonna was quick to quiet any notion that she had started work on a new studio album. 'No, not yet. I just finished editing the DVD of my ('MDNA') concert,' adding jokingly, 'so I haven't had any free time.' Madonna's editing handiwork will be revealed on June 22, when her MDNA Tour concert special premieres on premium network EPIX. The concert will debut at 8 p.m. EST that night on EPIX's TV network and online at EpixHD.com and on EPIX apps. A home video release of the tour is due out in fall, possibly in September. The globe-trekking MDNA Tour was 2012's highest-grossing trek and the 10th-biggest tour of all time according to Billboard Boxscore. It played 88 shows on four continents to over 2.2 million attendees. The tour supported her 2012 studio album 'MDNA,' which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

At the Billboard Music Awards, Madonna also spoke about her continued commitment to girls education and outreach in Malawi and beyond. 'I continue to do my work there,' she said, noting that her organization had recently finished building 10 schools, 'which I'm very proud of,' and that she continues 'to do work with various orphanages, hospitals, medical trainees, supporting doctors (and) pediatricians.' She continued, saying how she's 'trying to expand' her efforts 'beyond Malawi to other parts of the world.' As part of that charitable expansion, she recently sold a Fernand Leger painting for $7.2 million, the proceeds of which will benefit her Ray of Light Foundation that supports girls' education projects in the Middle East, South Asia and Africa. The 1921 painting, titled 'Trois Femmes a la Table Rouge,' was sold at a Sotheby's auction on May 7, exceeding pre-sale expectations. Madonna had owned the work since 1990, when she bought it at Sotheby's for $3.4 million.


And in other Madonna news:

Madonna has confirmed her participation as presenter in 'The Sound of Change Live' concert, presented by CHIME FOR CHANGE. Recently founded by Gucci, the organization hosts campaigns for improved Education, Health and Justice for women and girls worldwide. The four-hour concert, which takes place at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 1 June, is supported by an impressive line-up of world-class artists and internationally renowned presenters, lending their voices to CHIME FOR CHANGE.

The confirmed line-up is: Aishwarya Rai * Archbishop Desmond Tutu * Beyonce * Blake Lively * Ellie Goulding * Florence + the Machine * Freida Pinto * Gloria Steinman * Gordon and Sarah Brown * HAIM * Humaira Bachal * Iggy Azalea * Jada Pinkett Smith * James Franco * Jennifer Lopez * Jessica Chastain * John Legend * Laura Pausini * Leymah Gbowee * Madonna * Mpho Tutu * Rita Ora * Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy * Timbaland * Zoe Saldana *

Madonna said, "60 percent of the children in the world NOT in school, are girls! 2/3 of the world's illiterate are WOMEN! I Do NOT accept this. We need to change this and we WILL CHANGE THIS!"

The concert will start at 5.30pm and finish at 10:00pm and each artist will perform special sets with some exciting collaborations expected. Throughout the concert short films will be shown highlighting issues such as: 60% of children not in school are girls, 800 women die daily in pregnancy or childbirth - most of whom would live with access to proper care, and despite gains, just 21% of seats in national parliaments are held by women.

Tickets for the concert are available from: www.chimeforchange.org
www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 844-847 1693



UPDATE:

The Extra interview:



2 comments:

Jon said...

Can't wait for the duet between Gordon Brown and Rita Ora. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I am more looking forward to the BluRay, I must admit ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...