Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's Her World...



Cher performed her new single live for the first time on US television last night (June 18). The singer has released "Woman's World" as the lead cut to be lifted from her forthcoming 26th studio album Closer To The Truth.

Cher also revealed that her collaboration with Lady Gaga won't appear on the album.

She insisted that she thinks the duet is "brilliant" but it won't feature on her new LP because Gaga doesn't like it. "I did a song with Gaga and I think it's brilliant and I thought her performance was great but she doesn't like it," she said in a live stream interview ahead of her performance last night.



Discussing the record she teased: "The songs are really good. They're dance songs but they're kind of fun. There are some tongue-in-cheek songs... there's some really sad songs. One is Pink's and it's called "Lie To Me". My friend from the Scissor Sisters, Jake Shears, is on "Take It Like A Man". I'm really proud of it."

Asked why she has taken 12 years to follow up 2001's Living Proof, she confessed: "I don't know. Truthfully, my record company should have drop-kicked my ass a long time ago. I wasn't doing what they wanted me to do. They said, 'You have to get serious or there isn't going to be any album'."


After Cher premiered her new single "Woman's World" she took some time to discuss with Billboard the evolution of the music on her album Closer to the Truth, which Warner Bros. will release on September 24th (September 30th internationally).

"Woman's World" which Paul Oakenfold produced and co-wrote, was the album's starting point."Then Pink gave me a beautiful song," Cher told Billboard. "Then Mark Taylor, the man who produced the Believe album, came up with four great songs. There was a beautiful country song and a song a friend of mine and I wrote for Interview with a Vampire that got turned down. It's very eclectic, you know. The songs are good songs that just happen to be together. I did a couple things on this album, ventured into places that I haven't gone and I really enjoyed that. I took some chances on this album and when it turned out to be good, I was pleased."

"Scary" was the word she used to describe her return to performing on TV. "It's very exciting, makes you feel elated. I like being on it, but I don't like going on it."

And despite having done multiple legs of her Farewell Tour, Cher winced a little and hemmed and hawed before admitting that might not have been the true farewell. "We're talking about it," she said of a potential tour.

Here is last night's performance:



And some interviews:



And finally: the official lyric video for "Woman's World":

4 comments:

Teddi said...

The Diva has truly returned

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Oh yes honey - and we only waited 267 years!

Jon said...

The performance video has gone already, but it is good to see the old trooper back in fine form - "my record company should have drop-kicked my ass a long time ago".

Absolutely. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

It is beyond annoying how quickly these videos keep getting pulled down! Why, I ask - it's not like these are being offered for sale or anything, and I doubt this bloody show is in re-runs? I have changed the link three times now and the one I put up now is not exactly the best quality...

However, it was a great performance (despite that our trooper was having some vocal problems, due to allergies). A legend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...