Friday, November 8, 2013

G On M...

Lady Gaga Attitude magazine cover.

Lady Gaga has spoken about Madonna performing one of her singles during her MDNA world tour. Madonna performed a mash-up of her 1989 hit "Express Yourself" with Gaga's 2011 hit "Born This Way", after comparisons between the tracks caused worldwide controversy.

"I have to be really honest, I was completely kind of floored that Madonna was singing my song on her stage every night," Gaga told Attitude magazine.



"I'm certainly not thinking about anybody but me and my fans when I'm on stage. The fact that I was on her mind at all. I mean, Madonna's... she's Madonna. I looked up to her for a long time. I'm not quite sure what her intention was - to do that in the show - but I don't really care."

She added: "I think playing into the gossip of the tabloids and, I guess the fodder of the competition, that's just not what I'm about. She chooses to use her voice the way she chooses to use hers and I choose to use mine the way I use mine. All it meant to me was that Madonna Ciccone was singing my song on her stage and I'm 27! And as a punk-rocker from New York, I've basically been hoping that I would become so good that one day I would piss off Madonna!"



Speaking further about the accusations of plagiarism, Gaga explained: "I truthfully believe that there was nothing about those records sounding alike, and everything about this gay icon versus gay icon nonsense. I don't need to take anybody's torch. I have no interest in taking anybody's torch. I am over here and they are over there and if you feel connected to it, the door is open for you to come in and enjoy this with us. But this need for competition was everything that 'Born This Way' isn't about!"

Good way to handle it, me thinks. Lady Gaga's new album ARTPOP will be released worldwide on November 11. It has so far been met with mixed reviews, with reviewers saying the album is messy and too long, but with some excellent tracks and killer choruses. So I guess it's basically Born This Way, Part 2...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Considering the fact she continually steals everyone else's superior work, she should be grateful she doesn't get a lawsuit never mind a piss-take from a true star. Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Imagine if Queen M, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Annie Lennox etc etc ect would take the "lady" to court. She would be tied up in legal matters for decades!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...