Friday, November 8, 2013

SOTD...



It's almost weekend, thank god! And here is a perky little 80s number to set the mood.

"We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off" (released in the UK as "We Don't Have To...") by Jermaine Stewart was released in 1986. The song was included on Stewart's second album Frantic Romantic and remains his biggest commercial success in both America and Europe.

The song acquired a great deal of success after being used on hit 1980s television show Miami Vice, and reached number 2 on the UK and Canadian chart, as well as going to number 5 in the U.S. In 2011 the song was used in a Cadbury advert in the UK called The Charity Shop. The song became a Top 40 hit again in the UK, this time reaching No.29. Sadly, the singer wasn't around to celebrate - he died of AIDS-related liver cancer in 1997 at the age of 39.

I loved this song back in the 80s and I still do - it's one of those songs that always gets me in a good mood. I just might drag out my 12" copy and loads of cherry wine (obviously) to celebrate the weekend! I suggest you do the same :)

1 comment:

Jon said...

RIP Jermaine... Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...