Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Starlight...



Sophie Ellis-Bextor has now officially announced the details for her new album - as well as a new single.

The singer will release 'Starlight' on May 30 ahead of her fourth studio album Make A Scene, released the following week.

A press release describes the track as: "A perfect chilled dance anthem that is instantly catchy with a soft but edgy beat. It is a track that can easily take you from sun lounger by day to nightclub by evening and is the perfect summer anthem."

Hopefully the new single will raise enough intrest in the album for it to do well on the charts!



UPDATE:

Sophie has revealed that she will release the LP independently after her label repeatedly shelved the project.

"Make A Scene is finally making its way into the third dimension," she said. "It's been recorded for a little while now, but I left my old label and I've set up my own label. I'm doing this by myself, which is exciting! To be perfectly honest, what we've achieved... getting the album to fruition is a big achievement, and I'm just thrilled it's going to be out there.

2 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

I like the cover!

Jon said...

I love Sophie's "summer anthems" - can't wait! Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...