Sunday, November 20, 2011

For Inspiration...



In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Cyndi Lauper speaks briefly about Madonna. When asked if she feels a kinship with other female musicians who came to fame in the 80s, Cyndi said:

“Well I had my alter-image, Madonna [laughs]. No matter what I did, there she was, and no matter what she did, there I was. And it wasn’t similar and it was never intentional. We inspired each other. I am inspired by her because she still does it and she looks great and I’m always on a diet, I can never keep a diet, but she looks fantastic, she always does, so that’s inspiring.”




She added: “I was really heartbroken that they would pit us against each other. Because I’ve always believed sisterhood is a powerful thing and I just wanted to have a friend in the industry. Another rocker. But they always isolate you when you become popular, when you become famous and then you’re isolated all of a sudden. Nobody can get to you, I guess because everybody wants to get to you.”



Madonna is reported to have answered "Lady who?" in response to Lady Gaga while promoting her latest movie W.E..Gaga has moved to deny any possible rift between the two by describing Madonna as a "wonderful influence".

"Madonna is a wonderful influence on me," she told the Sunday Mirror. "I feel blessed to have grown up with a powerful, blonde woman to show us the ropes.

"It's all down to her that I'm able to do what I do. I really like her new single too. The one that was leaked. There's no problem between us."

And in some other Madonna news: she will perform in Paris at Stade De France on July 14th!!! She might also perform in Nice. The official announcement for her 2012 world tour must be close now...

6 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Cheers...To Sisterhood! Recently watched Cyndi on the new Rosie Show...her voice is better than ever :)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Yeah, I saw her on Rosie. She still sounds awesome!!! BTW, have you heard her new christmas songs?

Jon said...

No rift between Madge and GaGa? Not much..! Jx

ShineOnAndOn said...

No...DO TELL! :)

Adam said...

Cyndi and madonna have never slagged eachother and never been in competition, the media were always behind it, it upset Cyndi. I'm sure the same has happened with gaga and M, I'm sure its just coinsidence ;))

Adam said...

This Blog just gets better ! Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...