Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tracks...

File:Gloria Estefan - Hotel Nacional.jpg

Time of for some of the recent tracks that I love. And we start with the comeback of the one true queen of pop!

Yes, Madonna is back. And after her head turning, breathtaking, record braking and just allaround FABULOUS performance at the SuperBowl, the whole world knows it!

The first song from her forthcoming album MDNA is IMO certanly not one of her best. But it is still quite good, and works well as a "general public" single. I am personally (along with many of her longtime fans)hoping for some more solid music on the album - but in the meantime, I am of course giving the queen all my love! (The video is FAB)



From the queen of pop, we move to The Boss! People always seem surprised when they find out that I am a Bruce Springsteen fan, but the truth is that I have been a fan of his for as long as I can remember. He is back with an excellent new single, he is releasing a new album and about to go on yet another massive tour.



Another singer I really like is Leonard Cohen. He is now 77 years old, but just released a massive new album. "Old Ideas" charted at #1 in countries such as Belgium, Norway, Poland, Hungary, Netherlands and Finland, at #2 in the UK, Australia and Sweden and at #3 in the US. Here is beautiful track from the album:



Yet another legend - Amanda Lear has just released an album that both fans and critics are calling "her best album in more then 30 years". While I still havent gotten my hands on a copy, judging from this song I am pretty sure I agree! This is the first music video the diva appears in since "I Just Wanna Dance" back in 2002. And she looks fabulous!



I rarely like it when people cover Madonna songs - let alone when they cover my very favourite one! "La Isla Bonita" has been covered many many times before, and never really to my liking. And while I cant say I love the version Ricky Martin has done for Glee, it is still a lot better then I would have expected - the song suits his voice pretty well. Still - Madonna owns this song! (And Glee is still on the air??)



And finally: a fabulous new single and video from Gloria Estefan, taken from her album Miss Little Havana. The track has already topped both the Latin and the Club charts in the US. The video pays an homage to one of my favorite films of all time too - have a look:

6 comments:

Jon said...

Darling! - another interesting and eclectic mix, indeed! Of course, I adore Madge, Gloria and Amanda - but Bruce (Bruce!?) may take a few listens as he's just so formulaic these days, and I am afraid breakfast is no time for Leonard Cohen... BTW the Ricky vid has gone already :-( Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Damn it! I even uploaded the Ricky video myself, hoping it would stay up. And I agree, breakfast really is no Cohen time...

Jon said...

There is a version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNtHxbx5cE

No idea how long it will last... Jx

PS If it is still there this evening I'll take a listen. I am in work and they've been very funny about music lately. Swines.

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thanks, I will try to update the post when I get home from work.

Obviously, people that dont like music ARE swines! Try to blast the new Gloria single to loosen them up...

Barbarella's Galaxy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShineOnAndOn said...

Loving M and Gloria's tribute to Rocky Horror! looking forward to seeing the Ricky. xoxoMM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...