Friday, April 6, 2012

Tracks...



Time again for some of the recent tracks I am listening to right now. Some tracks I really like here - especially the songs from Electric Lady Lab and I Am A Camera (thanks Jon for the latter!!!) But my absolute fave, and one of the very best songs I have heard so far this year: the new single from Toni Braxton!

It is a fantastic combination of her signature R&B sound blended with dance music and with some eastern influences. The track is written and produced by Toni herself and its taken from double album Heartstrings And Synagouge Vibes which will be released in May.

Heartstrings, the first disc, will feature nine songs that showcase Toni's roots as an R&B and dance artist, while the second disc, entitled Synagogue Vibes, will showcase Braxton touching on new trends by incorporating world, Jewish and Arabic music to the nine songs on the Heartstrings disc. I absolutely can not wait for this album to come out - I have loved every one of her records so far, and this one sounds like it will be a treat!

Ahem - but back to the tracks:

























And: the just released, official remix video for Madonna's "Girl Gone Wild"!

2 comments:

ShineOnAndOn said...

Fantastic selections! -I am so glad Toni has dropped out of THAT "reality" show...Loving her MUSIC!

Jon said...

Bloody hell - that's a list! So, to the tracks... Niki and the Dove are treading into Roxette territory of late, and I am not sure that is a good thing. I don't know who the Russian slapper is, but I wouldn't mind being stalked by that man! Song and video are fab, too.

'Tis good to Have Shirley and Garbage back after this time - and a corker of a comeback, although I'd like to hear a remix. That D'Banj thing is very catchy (in an African stylee), but the attitude is too "urban" for my liking. Speaking of attitude, Miss Paulini's video is great, shame she's in it! Nasty nasal voice. Martina and the Diamonds - meh. Man like Me - whoever thought that Jona Lewie's 1980 "classic" would be remade for an Ikea ad, then released as a single? Good grief.

I'd like to have heard Mr Harket's solo choon, but it's not available in my country (thanks YouTube!). I do like the new Electric Lady Lab one, though - a foretaste of summer, indeed! Sticking to the order of the videos, now I see who the Russian slapper is (Loboda) - evidently pitching for the position of a Slavic Shakira with this one, I suspect. Still, she's a good find. And Miss Braxton leaves me completely and utterly cold, I'm afraid - but we can't all have the same tastes in this world...

So, apart from Queen Madge (of course), it remains I Am A Camera that rocks my boat the most - a genius song!
Jx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...