Friday, June 7, 2013

SOTD...



It's Friday! I passed all my tests! Me thinks it's time for some disco!

Child star Leif Garrett has not had an easy life (or career, for that matter). His well documented troubles with substance abuse and the law are much more known then his work. But, he did release one song that I absolutely adore.

"I Was Made For Dancin'" came out in 1979 and became his biggest hit, charting at #10 in the US and #4 in the UK. It became the highlight of his music career, as things went downhill afterwards. A classic case of a child star - he didn't even reach 18 before he was "burned out". Oh well, there is always this number to enjoy.

2 comments:

Jon said...

You're on a roll, sweetie - I absolutely adore this song, too! [I also rather fancied Mr Garrett, back when he was in his heyday - as was I] Jx

PS He was an international skateboarding champion before he took up singing, y'know?

PPS CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING YOUR EXAMS! Summer is here...

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Thanks sweetie - summer is indeed finally here and for glorious 8 weeks I don't have to think about studies!

I didn't know that Leif had been a skateboarding champion as well as actor and singer. Shame it all went downhill very quickly - just months after the release of this single he caused an accident while driving drunk, leaving his best friend a paraplegic.

I still think this was one of the best disco songs of the year (and there was a LOT to choose from). And of course, I was myself made for dancin'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...