Friday, January 10, 2014

Feels So Good Again...



Dionne Warwick will release her 28th studio album Feels So Good in May 2014. But in the meantime, here are some excellent reissues that are coming out on January 20th.

Nobody would contest the assertion that Dionne Warwick is one of the finest singers in popular music. Throughout the 1960s her collaborations with Burt Bacharach and Hal David provided the world with some of its greatest musical moments, and some of its most memorable hits. Ten years of studio and live work are embraced in this series from Edsel which restores Dionne’s first sixteen albums to catalogue here in the UK – in many cases, for the first time in decades – across four packages, all extensively annotated by Tony Rounce and lavishly illustrated, and with many of the bonus tracks receiving their first ever release outside of the US and Japan.



Disc: 1

1. This Empty Place
2. Don't Make Me Over
3. I Cry Alone
4. Wishin' and Hopin'
5. I Smiled Yesterday
6. Zip - A
7. Make The Music Play
8. If You See Bill
9. It's Love That Really Counts - In The Long Run
10. Unlucky
11. Make It Easy On Yourself
12. The Love Of A Boy
13. Anyone Who Had A Heart
14. Shall I Tell Her
15. Getting Ready For The Heartbreak
16. Oh Lord, What Are You Doing To Me
17. Any Old Time Of Day
18. Mr. Heartbreak
19. Put Yourself In My Place
20. I Could Make You Mine
21. Please Make Him Love Me

Disc: 2

1. A House Is Not A Home
2. People
3. They Long To Be - Close To You
4. The Last One To Be Loved
5. In The Land Of Make Believe
6. Reach Out For Me
7. You'll Never Get To Heaven - If You Break My Heart
8. Walk On By
9. Get Rid Of Him
10. Make The Night A Little Longer
11. Unchained Melody
12. Who Can I Turn To - When Nobody Needs Me?
13. How Many Days Of Sadness
14. Is There Another Way To Love You?
15. Where Can I Go Without You
16. You Can Have Him
17. Wives And Lovers
18. Don't Say I Didn't Tell You So
19. Only The Strong, Only The Brave
20. Forever My Love
21. That's Not The Answer



Disc: 1

1. In Between Heartaches
2. Here I Am
3. If Ever I Make You Cry
4. Here I Go Again - Looking With My Eyes
5. Once In A Lifetime
6. This Little Light Of Mine
7. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
8. Window Wishing
9. Long Day, Short Night
10. Are You There - With Another Girl
11. How Can I Hurt You?
12. I Loves You Porgy
13. I Love Paris
14. C'est Si Bon
15. Message To Michael
16. A House Is Not A Home - French version
17. Walk On By
18. Oh Yeah Yeah Yeah
19. The Good Life
20. La Vie En Rose
21. You'll Never Get To Heaven - If You Break My Heart
22. What'd I Say"

Disc: 2

1. Go With Love
2. What the World Needs Now Is Love
3. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
4. Here Where There Is Love
5. Trains And Boats And Planes
6. Alfie
7. As Long As He Needs Me
8. I Wish You Love
9. I Never Knew - What You Were Up To
10. Blowin' In The Wind
11. Summertime
12. You'll Never Walk Alone
13. My Favourite Things
14. Something Wonderful
15. Medley: One Hand, One Heart/With These Hands
16. The Way You Look Tonight
17. He Loves Me
18. I Believe In You
19. Baubles, Bangles and Beads
20. Anything You Can Do
21. My Ship



Disc: 1

1. I Say A Little Prayer
2. Walk Little Dolly
3. The Beginning Of Loneliness
4. Another Night
5. The Windows Of The World
6. There's - Always Something There To Remind Me
7. Somewhere
8. You're Gonna Hear From Me
9. L.O.V.E
10. What's Good About Goodbye
11. As Long As There's An Apple Tree
12. Up, Up And Away
13. You're My World
14. Valley Of The Dolls
15. Silent Voices
16. Do You Know The Way to San Jose
17. For The Rest Of My Life
18. Let Me Be Lonely
19. Where Would I Go
20. Walking Backwards Down The Road

Disc: 2

1. Taking A Chance On Love
2. Dedicato All' Amore
3. La Voce Del Silenzio
4. Promises, Promises
5. This Girl's In Love With You
6. Little Green Apples
7. Where Is Love?
8. Who Is Gonna Love Me?
9. Whoever You Are, I Love You
10. Where Am I Going?
11. Wanting Things
12. Lonely in My Heart
13. Yesterday I Heard The Rain
14. Dream Sweet Dreamer
15. The April Fools
16. Slaves
17. Odds and Ends
18. Our Ages Or Our Hearts
19. If You Let Me Make Love To You Then Why Can't I Touch You?

Disc: 3

1. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
2. I'm Your Puppet
3. People Got To Be Free
4. You're All I Need To Get By
5. We Can Work It Out
6. A Hard Day's Night
7. Do Right Woman - Do Right Man
8. I've Been Loving You Too Long - To Stop Now
9. People Get Ready
10. Hey Jude
11. The Weight
12. Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever
13. The Love Of My Man
14. Hurt So Bad
15. Someday We'll Be Together
16. Everyday People
17. Stand
18. Games People Play
19. MacArthur Park
20. Medley: Reach Out and Touch - Somebody's Hand/All Kinds Of People
21. Give A Damn
22. To Be Young Gifted and Black
23. Put A Little Love In Your Heart



Disc: 1

1. The Wine Is Young
2. I'll Never Fall In Love Again
3. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
4. Loneliness Remembers
5. Something
6. Paper Mache
7. Knowing When To Leave
8. Let Me Go To Him
9. Didn't We?
10. My Way
11. 11 Check Out Time
12. 12 Yesterday
13. We've Only Just Begun
14. Here's That Rainy Day
15. The Green Grass Starts To Grow
16. They Don't Give Medals - To Yesterday's Heroes
17. Walk The Way You Talk
18. Going Out Of My Head
19. I Got Love
20. Who Gets The Guy
21. Amanda
22. He's Moving On
23. California
24. They Say It's Wonderful
25. If I Ruled The World
26. Let It Be Me - Je T' Appartiens

Disc: 2

1. Only Love Can Break A Heart
2. Make It Easy on Yourself
3. They Don't Give Medals - To Yesterday's Heroes
4. I Just Have To Breathe
5. The Balance Of Nature
6. If You Never Say Goodbye
7. They Long To Be - Close To You
8. My First Night Alone Without You
9. Be Aware
10. Love Song
11. One Less Bell To Answer
12. If We Only Have Love
13. Hasbrook Heights
14. You're Gonna Need Me
15. I Think You Need Love
16. You Are The Heart Of Me
17. I Always Get Caught In The Rain
18. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You
19. (I'm) Just Being Myself
20. Come Back
21. Don't Burn The Bridge - That Took You Across

All are available to pre-order on Amazon UK for just 9.99 each! That comes down to less then 3 pounds per album. I am so gonna need these! However, for some reason her last three albums for Warner Bros are not included in this package, even though her first two are (Then Came You and Track of The Cat from 1975, as well as 1977's Love At First Sight are missing). After those five albums for Warner Bros, Dionne signed with Arista and released her comeback album Dionne in 1979. Hopefully the missing Warner albums will also be reissued to complete this part of her career...

2 comments:

Jon said...

She is beginning to look rather reminiscent of Dick Van Dyke these days... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Hehehe - maybe just a bit ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...