Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sweet Baby...



2014 is already shaping up to be a good year for re-issues. Even some of Rachel Sweet's back catalog is coming out!

Her complete recordings for Stiff are coming out on January 27th as a double disc release. Miss Sweet recorded two albums for the label before moving over to Columbia where she recorded two more albums. The new release can be pre-ordered on Amazon UK for 9.99. I just wish they would have picked better cover art!

File:Foolaround.jpg

Tracklist:

Disc: 1

1. Truckstop Queen
2. Tourist Boys
3. B-A-B-Y
4. Just My Style
5. Who Does Lisa Like?
6. Wildwood Saloon
7. Stay Awhile
8. Suspended Animation
9. It's So Different Here
10. Cuckoo Clock
11. Pin a Medal On Mary
12. Girl With a Synthesizer
13. Stranger in the House
14. I'll Watch the News
15. Be Stiff
16. Wildwood Saloon

Disc: 2

1. I Go to Pieces
2. Sad Song
3. Tonight
4. Jealous
5. I've Got a Reason
6. New Age
7. Baby Let's Play House
8. New Rose
9. Fool's Gold
10. Take Good Care of Me
11. Spellbound
12. Lover's Lane
13. Foul Play
14. Tonight Ricky
15. Spellbound (Special Disco Remix)


I would love it if her Columbia albums were also to see a similar release on CD, since I am actually more interested in those two...


Also on it's way is this rather lovely Belinda Carlisle release.

If the forthcoming CD+DVD Belinda The Collection isn’t enough for you, Demon Music have announced a limited edition five disc release titled The Anthology,  packaged   in a 12″ x 12″ hardback book with photos and notes by Justin Kantor

This 3CD+2DVD will apparently include all of Belinda's singles, rarities and a live performance from 2013. The two DVDs will cover all the promo videos and many BBC TV performances.

Track list has not been finalized yet but the set should be out in March. Me wants!



UPDATE:

The track list:

2 comments:

Jon said...

There is no such thing as "good Rachel Sweet cover art". She was exactly as you see on the tin - a bit rough... She always looked to me like she should have been cast as "Girl carrying chips" in the background of a scene in Eastenders featuring Pete and Kathy Beale arguing in the Market. Jx

PS I had to look twice - why does Ms Carlisle look like Michael Jackson on the cover of that (totally unnecessary) reissue compilation?

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Well, I quite like the image used on the cover of her second LP. But yes, she was always a little rough.

I see what you mean about the Belinda cover, made me chuckle;) That said, I still think that releasing stuff like this box is fantastic for fans, especially when they include rare recordings and video footage. And lets face it: when the artist in question has been largely inactive for years, what else is there for the fans?

I am by no means a megafan of Miss Carlisle but I bought her re-issued albums last year and I am still rather tempted to get this as well..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...