Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Join Us...



The 2014 Eurovision starts tonight with the first of two semi-finals. I'm backing Hungary tonight, bowing my head in shame over Iceland (as usual) and hoping that it will at least be a fun show. Most of the songs this year leave a lot to be desired (to say the least). Before seeing the actual performances it seems that Sweden and UK are set to do very well and will probably end up in the top three. And I wouldn't be surprised if Armenia, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Austria and that bloody song from Denmark will do well. But time will tell...

In any case, it's Eurovision week - and somehow it always ends up being a lot of fun! Here are the songs competing in the semifinals:

2 comments:

Jon said...

I am already in build-up mode for our Eurovision party on Saturday (although I never watch the semis). I have allocated our guests their countries, and only hope there aren't too many that need last-minute substitutions... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Watched the first semi last night - eight songs got through that were obvious choices, San Marino unexpectedly got through as well - but the shock/horror moment was that Iceland actually got through! Considering that besides the eight that were always going to qualify, it seemed to be up for grabs for the last two, so I guess they pretty much qualified by default.I just hope that Iceland will finish at the bottom on Saturday!

Bring on Thursday with the second semi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...